Friday, April 11, 2014

Exercisin' makes me happy

I LOVE to exercise! Let me rephrase that, I LOVE how i feel after i exercise! 

I don't always enjoy the process but the after, when all those endorphins are released and i KNOW i did something good for my body....well that just makes me happy!

So, John --my fit, hot, handsome cowboy-- and myself are training for our first ever half marathon!!! Its in Bryce Canyon in July and should just be GORGEOUS! I'm actually quite excited, but we've been training for it. In case you're curious we're mostly follow Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Program

This week it looks like this:

Monday: 3 mile run
Wednesday: 2 mile run
Friday: 3 mile run
Saturday: 4 mile run

Our Saturday long run will continue to get longer and longer and as you can see we still have a LONG ways to go! We're going to run the Scandinavian Festival 10k next month (wahoo! Shout out to Ephraim) and hopefully by then we'll be well on our way to the Half!

Anyway, besides running i've also found a new love. I don't know that i can actually call it CrossFit but its close. It is (drum roll please) SimplySadieJanes at home CrossFit work out and IT IS KILLER! It is so, so, so, so, so, so (did i get enough so's in there?) HARD! But i seriously LOVE IT! Something about doing something so stinkin' hard is so stinkin' rewarding! I know, maybe i'm weird, but i get the whole crossfit craze, i feel stronger, i feel healthier, i'm happier with my body. I happen to be very glad that STRONG is the new SKINNY, cause, lets be honest, i never pulled off skinny very well ;). 

So I don't actually know this Sadie Jane chick-a but I've sort of turned into a groupie! She is RAD. She can do a pull up....she can do lots of pull ups...i'm still working on one....but i am getting closer! so go check out her (truly inspiring) webiste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment