Monday, April 14, 2014

A good day, a crazy day, but a good day

Wow, can i just say, its been a bit of a crazy day. The hubs and i went on our run early in the am, home to breakfast of sweet potato, ham and egg scamble (my latest favorite) and i don't think i've stopped since.

I made Martha Stewarts Graham Crackers (they are simple and yummy, my kids love them)

Then i made homemade strawberry fruit leather.

It was my plan to spend today making good, healthy snacks for the kiddos but unfortunately i burned the graham crackers.... kinda of a fail. But the fruit leather is great!

*************************

Also, I'm kind of a rare sort of lucky lady because i get to go to work with my husband, whenever i want. He just works outside our home, so today the kids and I went out to help him in the beautiful (yet extremely windy) sunshine. It was all fun and games til my 3 year old decided to take a swim in the pond. It was actually pretty scary, she can't reach and she can't swim (and i can't blame her, she is only 3). So i gracefully threw everything i was carrying to who knows where and ran over, dived into the dirt and mud to rescue my daughter. But we didn't let our dirty, muddy, wet bodies ruin our day outdoors,since there was still some of the above mentioned sunshine, we decided to paddle around the pond before we went home to bathe. It was a good day, exciting, but good.


And here is my youngest after the much needed bath (because he may, or may not have also taken a quick swim in the disgusting pond water). I believe that face tells it all. (man he is dang cute, if i do say so myself)

**************************

So remember Simply Sadie Jane? I'm doing her at home CrossFit workouts...well today she finally posted a video of what a warm up should look like.... did you watch it? Its CRAZY! This warm up is going to make my workouts TWICE as hard! Seriously, she's hard core and tomorrow, i will begin my workout with this warm up, we'll see how it goes along with the 10 min of AMRAP BURPEES! AND 10 Rounds of 10 pushups, 10 situps, AND 10 lunges... its going to be a rough day, but i can't lie, i'm kind of excited.
I don't know why i get such pleasure out of ALMOST KILLING MYSELF! I must not be wired correctly.

Well, I hope you didn't have quite as exciting of a day as we did but that it was still one to remeber.

Cheers,

-elise-

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sorry to hear there was such excitement, but glad you turned it into a memorable, good day. How comes the workout, complete with the morning workout? I think you're crazy, but whatever! :) Someday, maybe, I'll catch some of your gusto. I think you're doing a great job writing and sharing- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete